Inter Campus is to work with the Catalyst Foundation for Universal Education, one of the leading educational institutions in the USA, as part of a brand-new two-year project involving two Inter Campus sites in the Mediterranean: Israel and Palestine and Tunisia.
The project has several ambitious objectives for the years to come:
– to encourage a culture of dialogue by using sporting values as a vehicle for social inclusion;
– to promote gender equality by raising awareness of issues facing women within the societies in question;
– to incentivise the development of local communities by engaging with coaches and families;
– to raise awareness among institutions of the role of sport in the UN’s 2030 Agenda;
– to indirectly support educational and school activities.
The impact of the project will be gauged through an analysis of the resilience of the 250 children involved, with local educators on hand to provide support throughout the learning process. Local needs will be the starting point for the project activities and the focus of data collection.
The Catalyst Foundation has been working in support of children in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) for several years, with a particular focus on the formal and non-formal education of marginalised groups.